Monday, June 11, 2012

22 Week Update

Lets see, At 22 Weeks...


This picture doesn't do justice in showing how Large my tummy has become. Trust me, I've experienced a growth spurt in the past week or two. I know because it hurts to move and I feel like I'm going to burst into two!
  • I've gained 17 ish pounds (EEEEKKK!)
  • I have out grown my maternity clothes that I bought in the beginning of my pregnancy. I underestimated how much the rest of me would grow...
  • We only have 1 foster child now- our sweet 13 month old Ja'Kayla. She feels more like our daughter than a foster child- we are hoping to be able to adopt her, so we are just waiting to see what happens with her case.
  • Sleep has become difficult and painful. Last night I actually had to fall asleep sitting up on our couch because when I laid down in bed i felt like i couldn't breath, no matter how many pillows i propped up behind me.
  • We found out we are having A BOY!!!. I hoped it was a boy deep down and Vance was convinced from the start that it was a boy- now we just have to figure out a name!
  • Exercise evades me- I've been trying- but whatever... :)
  • I am OFFICIALLY DONE with school. What a burden lifted.
  • I have my next ultrasound on June 21st. This will be the first one Vance misses because he will be on a youth trip in Colorado.
  • I'm pretty used to people's comments about my size now and dont take such offense. I've decided that if they feel comfortable telling me how HUGE i look, they are probably just referring to my belly and not the rest of my body- because that would just be rude ;)
  • I need to get back into reading my birth books. I stopped reading them for a couple months because I was getting overwhelmed, but I need to start thinking more about my birth plan and preparing myself mentally and emotionally and spiritually for labor.
  • Feeling so close and thankful towards my supportive husband (This will never change! Especially after having the worlds biggest pregnancy meltdown last night and he held me and comforted me like a pro)
  • My favorite thing about pregnancy right now is feeling little guy move. He kicks all the time. Vance hasnt been able to feel it yet which is frustrating because I can feel it so much, but hopefully soon he will get to experience our son moving inside of me :)
  • Really prayed for the first time last night that God would help me enjoy being pregnant because if I'm honest (and I always am) I havent enjoyed it much. Its uncomfortable, I feel out of control of my body, My hormones are out of control, My body is not my own, etc, etc.. but I'm really trying to find the beauty in all of it... which I need supernatural help with right now ;)

4 comments:

  1. I can totally identify with the last one. Pregnancy is not nearly as fun as I had always imagined. I think the people that love being pregnant are crazy! Thinking of you in the next 18 weeks or so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i looove your updates!! i guess i'm huge too because that's what everyone is telling me! someone this weekend said i need an ultrasound soon because she reeeally thinks i'm having twins!! haha. (i hope so. we find out wednesday!) she couldn't believe i wasn't due until november. i got teary eyed. but i'm ok now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So neat to read your updates and now what is going on with you even though I am so many miles away... <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer! thank you for being honest :) Sometimes, I feel like the only woman who dislikes pregnancy and then I feel like the worlds worst mom and woman and wife... but yes, those girls be crazy!!! :) How many weeks do you have left?

    Brit! I have shed many o tears over people's rude comments- many of them spoken by friends at church and co-workers. People dont realize how hurtful their words can be and its for that reason that I realized they arent meaning it to be rude. I suppose I would rather show too much than too little- at least we know our babies are healthy! :) Have you had your appointment with the midwife yet? I'm dying to hear!!!

    Tashy! I miss you friend. Have you been blogging lately, I havent seen any recent ones but maybe my news feed is messed up- I'm going to your blog right now to stalk you :)

    ReplyDelete